Do you think, getting back your original healthy & a fitter self is that difficult? let me tell you very bluntly…. its simple. It’s damn simple, if you try to understand the science and not driven by the bro science.
To lose weight, simply eat less and exercise more. Right? In theory, that makes sense. Actually, it’s not just in theory—science has proven that burning more calories than you consume will result in weight loss. But the trouble is that this only has short-term results. For long-term weight loss, it simply doesn’t work. Eat less and Exercise more, does not work in reality. Blaming excess weight on people simply not changing their eating habits goes back thousands of years. It is high time, we should stop viewing weight as something separate from other biological functions—like hormones and hunger and the effects of what foods we eat, not just how much of them.
How would you feel, if I say DON’T COUNT CALORIES. EAT AS MUCH AS YOU WANT. And by doing this, you won’t gain weight, rather lose those excess piled up body fat and you will achieve your best health, in terms of improving some of your critical health markers.
A low-carb is not a diet per se….. It’s more to do with lifestyle ….. Eating way of lifestyle. It means that you will try to consume your daily BMR calorie by eating fewer selected High fiver – Low GI carbohydrates, a higher proportion of fat & moderate amount of protein based on your health goal & condition. For decades we’ve been told that fat is detrimental to our health. Meanwhile low-fat “diet” products, often full of sugar, have flooded supermarket shelves. This has been a major mistake that coincided with the start of the obesity, Diabetics & enhance (LDL) cholesterol epidemic. Enough scientific studies today show that there’s no reason to fear natural fats. Fat is your friend. On a low-carb diet, you instead minimize your intake of sugar and starches. You can eat other delicious foods until you are satisfied – and still lose weight.
Eat: Meat, fish, Chicken, eggs, tons of Green vegetables growing above ground and natural fats from Clarified Butter (Ghee), Butter, cheese, cream, Coconut Oil, Olive oil, Nuts, Avocado, Low GI fruits & Berries. Strictly Avoid: Sugar and starchy foods (Refined flour products like white bread, pasta, burger, white rice etc.) Eat when you’re hungry, until you’re satisfied. It’s that simple. You do not need to count calories or weigh your food. And just forget about packaged & processed low-fat products.
For more understanding on the basics of lipo-genesis, watch : Why We Get fat?
The reason is that our weight is not decided by the calorie only, rather it is decided mostly by the source of those calorie & are regulated by certain hormones. Cutting down all source of easy sugar ( Glucose, Fructose, sucrose ………..) by eating fewer ( complex) carbohydrates lowers blood glucose & lower the fat creating , storing & protecting hormone ” INSULIN”. This makes it way easier for our body to access and burn the excess body fat, without hunger or calorie counting.
1. Weight Loss ( Abdominal FAT Precisely) : By LCHF way of eating essentially your body uses fat as an energy source – so there are obvious weight loss benefits. Your insulin (the fat storing hormone) levels drop greatly which turns your body into a fat burning machine. Scientifically, this way of eating shows a great Fat loss result compared to low-fat and high-carb diets; even in the long term. In LCHF it is recommend to cook your daily meal only with either in Ghee, butter or Coconut Oil ( MCT Oil).
2. Control Blood Sugar : LCHF way of eating lowers blood sugar levels due to the type of foods you eat. Studies show that the Low carb diet in the presence of higher dietary fat is the most effective way to manage and prevent diabetes compared to low-calorie diets. If you’re pre-diabetic or have Type II diabetes, you should seriously consider a LCHF way of eating to reverse your diabetics. People across world & in India are successfully not only controlling their blood sugar but are reversing their age old type2 diabetes, with Low carb diet with LCHF lifestyle.
3. Mental Focus : People with this way of eating are achieving increased mental performance. When body start utilizing Fat as its primary energy source, it produces ketone bodies. Ketone is a great source of fuel for the brain. When you lower carb intake, you avoid big spikes in blood sugar. Together, this can result in improved focus and concentration. Studies show that an increased intake of fatty acids can have impacting benefits to our brain’s function.
4. Increased Energy, Satiety & Normalized Hunger : With this way of eating and by giving your body a better and more reliable energy source, you feel more energized during the day. Fats are shown to be the most effective molecule to burn as fuel. On top of that, fat is naturally more satisfying and ends up leaving us in a satiated (“full”) state for longer, helps curbing the emotional hunger.
5. Cholesterol & Blood Pressure : A Low carb diet improve triglyceride levels and cholesterol levels most associated with arterial build-up. More specifically low-carb, high-fat diets show a dramatic increase in HDL and decrease in LDL particle concentration compared to low-fat diets. Many studies on low-carb diets show better improvement in blood pressure over other diets as you end up losing those excess body fat in real quick time. Some blood pressure issues are associated with excess weight, which is a bonus since Low Carb diet tends to lead to faster weight loss.
6. Insulin Resistance : Insulin resistance leads to Type2 diabetes if left un-managed. An abundant amount of research shows that a low carb diet can help people lower their insulin levels to healthy ranges. In last 3 years, to all the people I have helped in their transformation & Weight (Fat) loss, 70% of them generally have insulin resistance issue, and they have got over the same, once they lose significant amount of fat in no time. Even if you’re athletic, you can benefit from insulin optimization on LCHF way of eating through eating foods high in omega-3 fatty acids.
7. Recover from Lifestyle ailments naturally : Low to extreme low carb – ketogenic diet has been used since the early 1900’s to treat some serious lifestyle disorders like Diabetics, Metabolic syndromes, fatty liver and improving conditions and at times reversing conditions like Alzheimer, Autism, Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson etc. and improving mental condition. It is still one of the most widely used therapies for children who have uncontrolled epilepsy.
Being fat & unhealthy is not a good feeling. Do you still feel, it’s your hormones, your genes, your body type to blame for your overweight body? Love to eat? Nothing bad in that. But what you are eating? Have you ever analysed? To get a better version of you, the small little thing that is required is to become strong, determined & to stay focused, stay committed. Trust me nobody can help you, if you can’t help yourself.
Don’t do it just because people say you are fat. People will say even when you get fit. Remember the Kishore Kumar song ! “Kuchh to log kahenge… logon ka kaam he kehena….”
Just start loving yourself and bring the change you want to see in yourself, start with baby steps, but at least get started. I have done it myself, people are doing it, so also you can. You just need to be determined. Get started. Talk to me if you want. I will show you how easy it is to stay focused, eat plenty and achieve your fat loss goal without starvation.